Aromatic Advice To Tackle Insomnia
What Is Insomnia?
Insomnia is difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep and people with insomnia tend to feel dissatisfied with their sleeping pattern. Insomnia is a common sleep problem for adults. The National Institutes of Health estimates that roughly 30 percent of the general population complains of sleep disruption, and approximately 10 percent have associated symptoms of daytime functional problems due to a lack of sleep.
How Can Aromatherapy Help?
Aromatherapy can help with sleep in several ways, as the use of essential oils can relax the body, calm the mind and promote a good night’s sleep. We have put together some useful tips to help you sleep easy and improve your sleeping pattern.
- A peaceful bath with essential oils is especially beneficial to help you unwind and chill out before bed. Simply combine 15ml of our SLS free bath foam base, with 3 drops of Lavender French essential oil, 3 drops of Sweet Orange essential oil and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil and add to your bath. Lie back, relax and breathe in the soothing aromas for a fabulous sleep.
- Another way to calm your mind before sleep is to vaporise essential oils in your bedroom about an hour before bed time. Add 4 drops of Lavender French, 4 drops of Bergamot and 2 drops of Neroli to your vaporiser and by the time you go to bed, your bedroom will be a comforting escape into the world of sleep.
- If you don’t want to buy individual oils we highly recommend our ready to use ‘Dream’ Aromatherapy Roller Ball. With a blend of natural, pure essential oils in a handy roller ball applicator, just apply to wrists, collar bone and temples, to promote deep, refreshing sleep.
- Be sure to have a wind down period every evening before bed, to allow your brain to ‘switch off’.
- Drink plenty of water! This help to reduce a build-up of toxins in your blood stream and helps to release stress hormones as quickly as possible, making you feel more relaxed and stress free.
Try the above tips and your sleeping pattern should improve over time, giving you refreshing and undisturbed sleep.