Energise Your 2018
For most of us the holidays are now over, which means back to work. It may be hard to automatically get back in to the 9-5 routine, with a lack of concentration and mental energy. Essential oils have many fabulous actions, including brain stimulant properties, so follow our new year tips to get your focus back for an amazing 2018.
So, you’re back at work after having a great Christmas break and you just can’t seem to focus. Instead of getting yourself another cup of coffee, why not try using essential oils instead? Not only will they help to stimulate the brain, they will also improve your mood and emotions too!
Here are our stimulating Aromatherapy tips:
- Start off your day with an energising morning shower. Mix 15ml of Shower gel base with 1 drop of Ginger Essential Oil, 1 drop of Black Pepper and 4 drops of Geranium. This will leave you feeling stimulated and ready for the day ahead.
- Struggling to concentrate in the office? Why not try a mind boosting diffuser blend. Try adding 3 drops of Lime essential oil, 4 drops of Sweet Orange and 1 drop of Peppermint.
- If you work from home, sometimes it can be hard to get in to ‘work mode’ when you are surrounded by home comforts/distractions. Try adding 1 drop of Eucalyptus Smithii, 1 drop of Ginger and 1 drop of Geranium essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Inhale for 5 minutes and then splash your face with cold water for an extra increase of motivation.
- For when tasks become a bit overwhelming our ‘Think’ Aromatherapy roller ball is the perfect thing to help. In a handy roller ball applicator, simply apply to wrists and temples to help focus the mind and memory.
- Try an uplifting room spray to boost positivity wherever you are. Try mixing 100ml Lemon Hydrolat, with 5 drops of Pine, 4 drops of Rosemary and 5 drops of Sweet Orange. The refreshing aromas will boost your mood and energy.
- Nurture Vitality is an aromatic blend especially formulated to revive, stimulate and invigorate. Beneficial when used in the car to maintain alertness and combat weariness during the day, this energy-giving blend is made of essential oils of Lemon, Black Pepper and Eucalyptus (staigeriana). Can diffuse/Inhale to feel alert at work.
- Try making a ‘Concentration Balm’ for temples and pulse points. Mix 30ml of Aloe Vera gel with 1 drop of Peppermint, 1 drop of Neroli and 1 drop of Bergamot. This will increase focus, as well as act as a mood booster.
Please be advised, although these essential oils can act as a stimulant on the mind and body, they are not a substitute for proper sleep, nutrition and relaxation.
*Essential oils should not be used undiluted or internally