Aromatherapy, the future of anti-ageing?
Nowadays, there are so many anti-ageing products in the skincare market – many making false claims and containing ingredients that include many chemicals and parabens. If you’re looking for natural skincare that works, aromatherapy is your answer, as 100% natural and vegan essential oils can help to replenish, nourish and rejuvenate your skin.
So, how does aromatherapy and the use of essential oils benefit the skin and how do they help with reducing the signs of ageing?
- Help to hydrate and moisturise the skin
- Can help balance the oils produced through the skin and pores
- Encourages dead skin cell removal
- Can have anti-inflammatory actions and help to reduce puffiness
- Enhance new skin cells to be produced
Some of the most popular essential oils used in anti-ageing aromatherapy skincare are:
As well as the above, we should also consider using a powerful aromatherapy base product, to enhance the effects of the essential oils, for example:
- Argan Carrier Oil
- Avocado Carrier Oil
- Jojoba Carrier Oil
- Apricot Kernel Carrier Oil
- PPA Moisturiser/lotion base
While the use of aromatherapy on the skin can be very beneficial, the complexion is also greatly impacted through lifestyle choices:
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water
- Get plenty of sleep
- Eat a balanced diet
- Exercise Regularly
- Regular stress relief
Our fabulous, hand-made, naturally anti-ageing skincare range Illuminous, is the perfect aromatherapy range to help provide nourishment, hydration and replenishment to the skin, leaving your skin feeling firm and flawless.
Here are a handful of the Illuminous products we offer and how they will benefit your skin.
A lightweight formula, rich in moisturisers, peptides and natural essential oils of Fennel Seed, Geranium and Patchouli to help reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness around the eyes (18ml).
The perfect balance of lupin seed, aloe vera and tightening plant cell extracts delivers a beautiful toning effect which helps to firm the skin and create a youthful appearance (30ml).
Precious orange blossom essential oil, combined with sea plant extracts and avocado nut oil, plumps and hydrates your skin during the day for the perfect fresh, dewy look (18ml).
Rich and buttery night cream works while you sleep to deliver deep moisturisation and diminish fine lines. With Camellia Oil, Konjac Root, Vitamin E and Carrot Seed Oil, to help renew and rejuvenate your skin (48ml).
This beautifully intense day cream contains oils of regenerating lavender and anti-aging palmarosa to promote healthy, radiant skin, giving it a nourished appearance (48ml).
If you would like any extra information or would like to view the full Illuminous range then please click here!
*Essential oils are not to be used undiluted or internally
Energise Your 2018
For most of us the holidays are now over, which means back to work. It may be hard to automatically get back in to the 9-5 routine, with a lack of concentration and mental energy. Essential oils have many fabulous actions, including brain stimulant properties, so follow our new year tips to get your focus back for an amazing 2018.
So, you’re back at work after having a great Christmas break and you just can’t seem to focus. Instead of getting yourself another cup of coffee, why not try using essential oils instead? Not only will they help to stimulate the brain, they will also improve your mood and emotions too!
Here are our stimulating Aromatherapy tips:
- Start off your day with an energising morning shower. Mix 15ml of Shower gel base with 1 drop of Ginger Essential Oil, 1 drop of Black Pepper and 4 drops of Geranium. This will leave you feeling stimulated and ready for the day ahead.
- Struggling to concentrate in the office? Why not try a mind boosting diffuser blend. Try adding 3 drops of Lime essential oil, 4 drops of Sweet Orange and 1 drop of Peppermint.
- If you work from home, sometimes it can be hard to get in to ‘work mode’ when you are surrounded by home comforts/distractions. Try adding 1 drop of Eucalyptus Smithii, 1 drop of Ginger and 1 drop of Geranium essential oil to a bowl of hot water. Inhale for 5 minutes and then splash your face with cold water for an extra increase of motivation.
- For when tasks become a bit overwhelming our ‘Think’ Aromatherapy roller ball is the perfect thing to help. In a handy roller ball applicator, simply apply to wrists and temples to help focus the mind and memory.
- Try an uplifting room spray to boost positivity wherever you are. Try mixing 100ml Lemon Hydrolat, with 5 drops of Pine, 4 drops of Rosemary and 5 drops of Sweet Orange. The refreshing aromas will boost your mood and energy.
- Nurture Vitality is an aromatic blend especially formulated to revive, stimulate and invigorate. Beneficial when used in the car to maintain alertness and combat weariness during the day, this energy-giving blend is made of essential oils of Lemon, Black Pepper and Eucalyptus (staigeriana). Can diffuse/Inhale to feel alert at work.
- Try making a ‘Concentration Balm’ for temples and pulse points. Mix 30ml of Aloe Vera gel with 1 drop of Peppermint, 1 drop of Neroli and 1 drop of Bergamot. This will increase focus, as well as act as a mood booster.
Please be advised, although these essential oils can act as a stimulant on the mind and body, they are not a substitute for proper sleep, nutrition and relaxation.
*Essential oils should not be used undiluted or internally
Shop What People Love
Distillation of the flowering tops, Lavender French has a sweet, floral, warm, fresh aroma. Lavender French smells significantly different to Spike Lavender and marginally different to Lavandin. Lavender French is calming, relaxing, soothing and rejuvenating.
Lavender French blends well with: Most other essential oils.
Lavender French is available in 10ml or 25ml
Tea Tree is distilled from the leaves and twigs and has a fresh antiseptic, camphorous odour. Tea Tree is calming and cleansing.
Tea tree blends well with: Lavender, Rose Otto, Clove and Mandarin.
Tea tree is available in 10ml, 25ml or 50ml
Expressed from the peel, Lemon oil has a fresh citrus, green aroma. Lemon is uplifting and circulatory.
Lemon blends well with: Lavender, Eucalyptus Smithii, Geranium, Ylang-Ylang, and other Citrus oils.
Lemon is available in 10ml or 25ml
Distilled from selected gum resin, Frankincense has fresh ‘church’ aroma that has ‘damp’ yet pleasant qualities. Frankincense is useful for everyday stresses and strains and also grief.
Frankincense blends well with: Lavender, Cedarwood, Myrrh, Lemon and Pine.
Frankincense is available in 3ml, 10ml or 25ml
Rose hydrolat is calming and gentle on the skin.
Rosa damascena is one of the most popular rose plants available. The essential oil can be distilled or gained through solvent extraction. Either way, although the quality is different with the distilled oil being far superior, the aroma is truly delightful. There are not many women who do not love the smell of rose oil. Usually with a hydrolat, the smell of the product is different to that of the distilled oil. In the case of rose, the smell is almost identical. The delightful aroma of the hydrolat is lighter and fresher than the oil and is very useful for lifting the spirits and cheering the spirit.
Available in 100ml canister spray or 500ml/1000ml bottle.
Our Top Tips for a Fabulous, Healthy and Relaxing Christmas
Its that time of year again that children excitedly await and adults either love or dread – probably both! Ultimately, its good to remember that this Christmas can be whatever you want it to be. So, we have put together some exclusive Aromatherapy tips, to help look after your well-being this festive season.
As fun and as happy that Christmas time can be, theres always times of stress that creep upon us during this busy and pressured season. Whether the dinner is only half cooked, the brussell sprouts are over boiling or the kids are arguing over who got the best presents – you might like a little stress relief before, during or after these events.
- Unwind Roller Ball – With a lovely blend of pure essential oils including Rosewood and Lavender to keep you feeling soothed and tranquil this Christmas, simply roll-on to pulse points and temples whenever you need it.
- Diffuser Blend – Add 2 drops of Neroli essential oil, 3 drops of Frankincense essential oil and 4 drops of Sweet Orange essential oil to your diffuser, for their calming and mood boosting properties.
- Festive Bathtime Bliss – You have done your bit and now its time for you to unwind. Mix 50ml of Bath Foam with 6 drops of Lavender French essential oil, 3 drops of Jasmine essential oil and 3 drops of Frankincense essential oil and add some to your bath water – lie back and relax!
Whether you’ve been standing on your feet all day cooking or even too much shopping, we have a fabulous recipe to soothe your feet.
- Mix up 50ml of White lotion with 10 drops of Lavender French essential oil, 3 drops of Lemon and 3 drops of Tea Tree and ideally ask a willing family member to rub into your feet at the end of the day.
A headache has crept upon you and you just don’t have time to stop. Try these useful and easy tips to prevent and ease your mind.
- Place 2 drops of Peppermint essential oil onto a tissue and inhale deeply.
- Roll on relief with our Head Roller Ball, a blend of Lavender, Rosemary and Peppermint to help prevent head tension.
- Be sure to stretch out your back and neck to help release any tension built up throughout the day.
- Drink lots of water to keep hydrated, it can be easy to forget when things get so busy!
Not the best way to start the day for anyone – let alone if you are hosting Christmas day or have masses of festive food to prepare!
- Try inhaling 2 drops each of Spearmint, Peppermint and Lime essential oils from a bowl of hot water, to help refresh and clear your mind.
- If you are feeling tired or lacking energy from the night before, try our Active Roller Ball. Simply apply to wrists and temples to boost your energy levels and promote wakefulness.
Keep The Bugs Away
Nobody wants to fall ill at this time of the year, so keep your immune system strong and fight those winter germs.
- Breathe Easy Diffuser Blend: Add 3 drops of Lemon essential oil, 2 drops of Eucalyptus Smithii and 1 drops of Peppermint.Breathe in the aromas for immune boosting properties.
- Anti-Bacterial Handwash– Mix 50ml Hand and soap wash with 4 drops of Lemon essential oil and 3 drops of Tea Tree essential oil. Add to an easy pump bottle and wash away the germs.
*Do not apply essential oils undiluted or internally
Aromatic Advice To Tackle Insomnia
What Is Insomnia?
Insomnia is difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep and people with insomnia tend to feel dissatisfied with their sleeping pattern. Insomnia is a common sleep problem for adults. The National Institutes of Health estimates that roughly 30 percent of the general population complains of sleep disruption, and approximately 10 percent have associated symptoms of daytime functional problems due to a lack of sleep.
How Can Aromatherapy Help?
Aromatherapy can help with sleep in several ways, as the use of essential oils can relax the body, calm the mind and promote a good night’s sleep. We have put together some useful tips to help you sleep easy and improve your sleeping pattern.
- A peaceful bath with essential oils is especially beneficial to help you unwind and chill out before bed. Simply combine 15ml of our SLS free bath foam base, with 3 drops of Lavender French essential oil, 3 drops of Sweet Orange essential oil and 2 drops of Ylang Ylang essential oil and add to your bath. Lie back, relax and breathe in the soothing aromas for a fabulous sleep.
- Another way to calm your mind before sleep is to vaporise essential oils in your bedroom about an hour before bed time. Add 4 drops of Lavender French, 4 drops of Bergamot and 2 drops of Neroli to your vaporiser and by the time you go to bed, your bedroom will be a comforting escape into the world of sleep.
- If you don’t want to buy individual oils we highly recommend our ready to use ‘Dream’ Aromatherapy Roller Ball. With a blend of natural, pure essential oils in a handy roller ball applicator, just apply to wrists, collar bone and temples, to promote deep, refreshing sleep.
- Be sure to have a wind down period every evening before bed, to allow your brain to ‘switch off’.
- Drink plenty of water! This help to reduce a build-up of toxins in your blood stream and helps to release stress hormones as quickly as possible, making you feel more relaxed and stress free.
Try the above tips and your sleeping pattern should improve over time, giving you refreshing and undisturbed sleep.
How To Use Essential Oils In Everyday Life
Make the most of your essential oils by incorporating them into your everyday life. Whether it be to help boost your mood, reduce stress, sleep easy or even to use as home cleaning products, keep reading to learn how you can use essential oils within your everyday life.
Do you struggle to switch off at night time? Your mind just won’t let you rest? You’re not yourself without a good nights sleep and we have just the thing to help. ‘Dream- Aromatherapy Roller Ball’, packed with a blend of essential oils including Lavender and Bergamot, simply roll on to wrists and temples for a blissful, refreshing night’s sleep.
In times of a common cold when your nose and sinuses are congested, Eucalyptus essential oil and Peppermint essential oil is the perfect dream team. Completely natural and chemical free, either add to an inhaler or vaporiser to help you breathe easy.
Lemon, Tea Tree and Orange are just a selection of essential oils that are great as cleaning products in an eco-friendly home. With anti-bacterial and germ fighting properties, they are great to remove stubborn stains, fight germs and freshen the air in your home. You can also add a few drops of an essential oil to your laundry, to make them smell nice and keep them fresh.
If you’re feeling low or more irritated than normal and you just can’t seem to lift your mood, there are plenty of essential oils you can use to help calm your mind and lift your spirits. Lavender, Frankincense and Mandarin are known for their uplifting and soothing properties. Try diffusing the oils in your home and breathe in the calm and relaxing aromas.
Add 2-5 drops of your favourite essential oils to your bath water, they can help nourish the skin and also act as another mood enhancer and relaxer. Wash your worries away.
As well as using pure essential oils, roller balls are a great way of adding aromatherapy into your daily routine. Handbag and pocket friendly, you can use them whenever and wherever you need them. Whether it be to unwind, sleep easy or boost your energy levels. They are great to carry around with you.
Unwind Desk-Side With Our Essentials To De-Stress At Work
Are you a workaholic who can’t seem to unwind even after leaving the office? Do you tend to get stressed at work through over thinking your problems? Or maybe work tasks and deadlines make you feel anxious or pressured? All of us have our moments when we feel stressed or frustrated in the work place and our careers are stressors that test our tolerance and ability to adapt and adjust to particular situations. However, it is our response to stress that determines whether it is going to have a positive or negative effect on our lives and the way we feel.
Manage your stress in a positive, uplifting way, with Aromatherapy. Fortunately, we have nature’s essential oils, with their soothing, relaxing and mood lifting properties that not only help us cope with a stressful situation, but also improve the way we react to a stressful situation.
We have come up with some desk-side aromatherapy essentials for you to use in the office!
For when things become overwhelming. This relaxing blend combines 100% natural pure essential oils to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety and helps to calm the mind. It comes in a 10ml roller ball applicator, so you can keep it in your pocket or handbag so it’s there whenever you need it. Simply roll on to your pulse points and temples for a stress free feeling.
This popular blend is an invaluable aid to unwinding after a stressful or busy day. It eases feeling of tiredness, leaving you happier and more relaxed. Inhalation of this blend is recommended during panic attacks and times of stress or worry.
Why not try a diffuser blend for the whole office?
3 drops of Lavender French
2 drops of Clary Sage
2 drops of Ylang Ylang
Breathe in the aromas for an uplifting and relaxing scent.
Struggling to unwind even after leaving work? Try this bath time blend.
Fight Off Germs With Essential Oils
When the winter weather arrives, it’s well known that we all seem to catch a cold. This is because the cold weather is particularly dry, so we all huddle up inside to avoid the dropping temperatures. This cold air tends to dry out the mucus lining in our nasal passages so that our protective barrier no longer traps the microbes before they enter the body – meaning we are less likely to fight the infection.
There are several powerful essential oils that are anti-bacterial and anti-viral, that can help to protect yourself and family from the winter infections and boost immune response. These include; Lemon, Bergamot, Peppermint and Tea Tree.
So, instead of buying products filled with un-natural chemicals, why not try creating your own completely natural, germ fighting and health-enhancing blends!
Here are some fantastic DIY recipes for you to try at home!
Goodbye Germs surface spray
You will need:
100ml cooled boiled water
10 drops of Tea Tree Essential Oil
5 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
7 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Add to a spray bottle and shake well before use.
Anti-viral Hand wash
You will need:
50ml of hand and body soap
2 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
3 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
2 drops of Bergamot Essential Oil
Add to a bottle and wash away the germs!
Breathe Easy Diffuser blend
You will need:
3 drops of Lemon Essential Oil
2 drops of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
1 drop of Peppermint Essential Oil
Add to your diffuser and breath in the anti-viral aromas.
*Do not apply essential oils undiluted or internally
We launched our AromaBox earlier this month and we we’re delighted with the response we received!
AromaBox is a subscription box service from Penny Price Aromatherapy which delivers a box to your door once a month brimming with a fantastic array of mystery aromatherapy goodies! Each box includes a recipe booklet and all equipment needed to make your own seasonal aromatherapy toiletries. The perfect way to treat yourself to a brand new aromatic experience every month, AromaBox could also make an exciting and unusual gift for friends or family.
What was in our first AromaBox?
The theme for our first box, being April, was ‘Spring Clean’ and it contained the following:
- Lime Essential Oil (10ml – £5.57 RRP) – Citrusy oil expressed from the peel of the unripe fruit. Lime Essential Oil has a fresh, sweet scent and is energising and uplifting.
- Orange Sweet Essential Oil (10ml – £5.75 RRP) – Expressed from the peel, Orange Sweet has a fresh, dry, orange scent with floral undertones. Orange Sweet is great for maintaining a healthy digestive system and is uplifting.
- Lemon Hydrolat (100ml – £5.70 RRP) – produced by the steam distillation of ripe lemons, has a fresh citrus highly aromatic smell.
- White Lotion (100ml – £5.36 RRP) – This is a unique blend made up entirely of natural products. It is a perfect carrier for essential oils being easy to apply. White lotion is easily absorbed into the skin, leaving it smooth and grease free.
- Face & Body Scrub (100ml – £7.10 RRP) – A light scrub base with almond shells and almond oil to cleanse the pores and deep-clean the skin.
- Bath Foam Base (50ml – £1.70 RRP) – A natural foaming base for luxurious bath products using natural SLES for a softer skin.
- Topaz Jar (100ml – £1.30 RRP) – White plastic jars from our range of aromatherapy bottles and jars.
- Recipe Leaflet – An easy to follow recipe leaflet containing three ‘Spring Clean’ related recipes and product information.
Sign up to one month of AromaBox for £19.99 (Plus £5.99 delivery) or sign up for our three month subscription and pay delivery for only one box (you save £11.98). We are already taking orders for our second AromaBox, order yours here – https://penny-price.com/shop/aroma-box/
(Image – https://twitter.com/EnglishAroma)
HAVE YOU SEEN THESE?
Penny Price Aromatherapy
Hinckley LE10 3BE
Tel: 0844 8844 966 or 01455 458099
Fax: 01455 610313
Registered in England 04772603